SUEZ wins the 2018 SBF 80 award for the quality of its General Meeting
At the Paris EUROPLACE International Financial Forum, SUEZ was recently awarded the SBF 80 Grand Prize for Best Annual General Meeting. This annual distinction, created in 2005 and organised by the Institute for Responsible Capitalism, awards the overall best annual General Meeting amongst SBF 120 companies, excluding CAC 40.
The Jury recognised the overall quality of the SUEZ General Meeting, and particularly appreciated:
- the long and detailed presentation of the Group business model;
- the Group’s efforts to maintain transparency around its governance;
- the projection of several pertinent videos on the history and development of the Group with SUEZ: 160 years of history in service of human progress, on its strategy applied to a client with the film Recygo and its Highlights of 2017.
On the detailed presentation of the Group business model, a practise the jury called “out of the ordinary”, SUEZ CEO Jean-Louis Chaussade, stated:
“All our areas of expertise – water, waste – are related to resource management: not only how we consume, but also how we protect, reuse, and optimise our use of resources. Explaining in the General Meeting that we are transitioning from a historical model to a completely different new model – in which resources and digital are priorities – seemed absolutely essential to me in terms of informing our shareholders.”
The jury also emphasised the richness of the documents submitted or available, as well as the information on the ethics and internal audits frameworks provided by the chair of the Ethics and Sustainable Development Committee. The other recipients of this award were Casino, Scor, Covivio (Ex. FoncièredesRégions) and Edenred.
The Annual General Meeting Awards are coordinated by the Institute for Responsible Capitalism (Institut du Capitalisme Responsable) in partnership with BDO, Eurazeo and Paris EUROPLACE, its strategic partners, and 10 stock exchange institutions:
- the French Asset Management Association (Association Française de la Gestion Financière – AFG),
- the National Association of Joint-Stock Companies (Association Française des Sociétés par Actions – ANSA),
- the French Association of Financial Communications Professionals (Association Française des Professionnels de la Communication Financière – CLIFF),
- the National Statutory Auditing Body (Compagnie Nationale des Commissaires aux Comptes – CNCC),
- the National Association of Financial Directors and Management Control (Association Nationale des Directeurs Financiers et de Contrôle de Gestion – DFCG),
- ESSEC Business School, Euronext,
- the French Institute of Administrators (Institut Français des Administrateurs – IFA),
- the French Society of Financial Analysts (Société Française des Analystes Financiers – SFAF)
the non-financial rating agency Vigeo Eiris.
- It aims to promote and reward the best practices of listed companies in terms of General Meetings and governance, based on around 100 criteria defined by the Jury.
To find out more about the Best Annual General Meeting Awards and its 2018 rankings: www.grandprixdelag.fr